May is Skin Cancer Awareness month and with the wonderful weather we have been enjoying, more and more people are spending their free-time outdoors. If you are itching to get out and enjoy all the great hiking and outdoor activities Arizona has to offer, Cambridge Insurance Services wants to remind you to protect your skin! Here are a few simple things that you can do to reduce your exposure to harmful UV rays:
· Put sunscreen on exposed skin (don’t forget your ears!);
· Protect your ears and neck with a full-brim hat;
· Wear long sleeves when working out in the yard;
· Limit your “pool-side” time (seek shade and sip lemonade);
· If you’re swimming make sure to reapply sunscreen every couple of hours;
· Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds, so wear sunscreen on overcast days; and
· Avoid tanning beds.
Of course, the more you can avoid sun exposure the healthier you and your skin will be! The state of Arizona sees new melanoma diagnoses 75% higher among men than women and about 171* people die every year from melanoma (skin cancer). Reduce your risk today by following some of the ideas listed above – and women out there, remind the men in your lives to wear sunscreen!
Early detection is also important to fast response to melanoma diagnoses. If you are interested in a free health insurance review, feel free to contact Cambridge Insurance at: 480-409-0500 or talk to one of oru health insurance agents: http://www.cambridgeinsureme.com/About-Us.html
*According to a 2011 report by the EPA, Arizona Facts About: Skin Cancer
Skin cancer awareness, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, health insurance, early detection saves lives, cancer prevention, 85286, 85287, 85295, 85297, 85204, 85209